Responsible for providing overall coordination of import/export processes in the countries covered by his/her Logistics Control Tower (LCT). Acts as an expert of import/export regulation in these countries and helps the Country Logistics Centers (CLCs) and the field operations to plan and execute optimum service delivery.
Logistics Control Tower (LCT) Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the implementation of import programs to improve services levels to field organization.
- Accountable for the selection of custom brokers and ensures compliance contracts are in place and regular audits are conducted.
- Keep abreast of all Customs and Trade Control developments in his/her region, and communicates the impact of these developments to all stakeholders.
- Develop extensive relationship with Customs and internal stakeholders to ensure customs duty reduction, deferral, and/or exemption programs are utilized to their fullest, aiming operational efficiency.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import tariff codes are correctly applied and data is reported correctly for all incoming shipments.
- Responsible and accountable for responses to Customs related inquiries (e.g., CF28’s / CF29’s)
- Establish post-entry review procedures and conduct regular reviews to ensure compliance
- Build and maintain an effective and expert driven import team aiming at continuous growth of individual and team performance through training, supporting, and motivation.
- Periodically conduct training for company personnel
- Accountable for Customs and trade control compliance of all import related activities in their geographic scope.
- Develop and implements processes for all import compliance in the countries covered by his/her geographic footprint.
- Act as a customs expert for local organization in his/her geography.
- Closely monitor Import performance: Compliance, timeliness, and reporting of discrepancies.
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker preferred
- Certified Customs Specialist or Certified US Import Compliance Officer considered
- 5+ years in Supply Chain Mgmt, with experience in Project Management, import related experience / with at least 2 years management experience
Previous Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in related fields of Supply Chain
- Minimum five years of experience in Supply Chain Management, with experience in Project Management.
Competencies to be kept current:
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including:
- High collaboration with others
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be analytical, structured, able to influence change
- Commitment to continuous improvement and comfortable performing in an evolving work environment
- Strong understanding of Logistics and procurement
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Must have strong ethics in dealings with sensitive information
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior