|Job Description: Committed to ensure that everyone goes home safely each day. Provides technical expertise to evaluate electrical works execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule/cost budgets and quality Works with and through the EPC contractors and their respective construction managers to achieve the following:
- Provide a safe work place by ensuring implementation of the onsite requirements of the Construction Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Plan.
- Participates in site inductions, tool box meetings and other safety meetings.
- Works proactivity with the contractor on hazard recognition and unsafe work practices
- Ensures that the safe working practices are carried out in accordance with the approved safety plan and method statements
- Works with construction contractor’s superintendents to improve safety, productivity and schedule and scope of work issues
- Responsible for initiating any changes required to correct deficiencies which are identified through the inspections and audits.
- Maintain close contact with the Area Construction Manager during the construction and pre commissioning phases of the project in order to ensure an adequate flow of information regarding activities and material deliveries to the construction sites to meet established schedule, cost and productivity objectives.
- Participate in reviews of construction schedules and milestones and monitor project progress against the established Master Project Schedule.
- Assists technical assurance inspection team for issues concerning adherence to specification, codes or standards
- Monitors daily progress and records observations of quantities installed Inspects the quality of the work on a daily basis
- Reviews contractor’s work progress and inspection program and assigns (client) technical assurance inspectors
- Maintains close liaison with other discipline supervision to ensure effective coordination of work activities
- Signs to endorse electrical test results.
- Reviews contractor’s inspections and tests with technical assurance team.
- Participates in the Risk Management Program and assists in the identification of risks and actions to eliminates or mitigate the risks.
- Provides leadership to the (Client) construction management electrical inspection team and creates the project environment to deliver the desired results through teamwork, support and recognition.
- Prepares punch lists and expedites the rework correction.
- High commitment to safety, the environment and cultural issues
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Leads, manages and motivates
- Experienced to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience liaising with engineers, designers and vendors on technical issues Methodical approach to planning activities which are potentially hazardous
- Experience on: High, medium and low power systems
- Cable layout of electrical and process control cable systems including fiber optic cable above and below ground
- Electrical management systems
- Electrical protection and measuring systems
- Shut down equipment and systems, power distribution control system hot cut over requirements and techniques
- Advanced diagnostic techniques on electrical systems and components
- Coordinating teams of diverse disciplines as well as split electrical contract teams
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Experience in the LNG, oil & gas or petrochemical industry with 15+ years electrical experience
- Journeyman Electrician License, Master Electrician Preferred
- Knowledgeable of the most recent National Electrical Code Qualification in Electrical / Automation discipline