The Treasury Accountant is primarily responsible for cash related transactions including currency related entries.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform full review of balance sheet account reconciliations without assistance and prepare associated balance sheet notes.
- Bank Account administration duties and assisting in cash pool management.
- Controls currency settlement and process FX confirmation and settlements.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and inter company settlement.
- Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including pre-paid, advances, etc.
- Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
- Implements controls that effect segregation of duties between cash handling and recording.
- Coordinates with payables and inter-company on new accounting controls.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Skills: Problem Solving: project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision making skills.
Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
Communication: oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
Education Requirements: Finance or Accounting Degree Required Experience: 1-4 years in a financial role