This is a contract position in the Medical Center.
- Assists the Director and other staff members in preparation of correspondence by typing, proof reading, copying, and presenting to assigning staff member within time frame agreed upon.
- Maintains an adequate supply of office materials.
- Possesses an understanding of budgets and procedures for ordering supplies and services.
- Reviews and edits API data for department personnel to ensure that security schedules and times are posted accurately for time worked by police officers and Security personnel.
- Answers departmental telephone calls and in person inquiries from employees and visitors arriving at the administration office.
- Assists the Director and other staff members in the preparation of training and preparation of presentation materials as assigned by staff.
- Completes assignment to the prescribed standards of accuracy and appearance.
- Assists the Director and other staff members on special projects to meet the prescribed project completion date ensuring a professional level of administrative quality.
- Sound knowledge of general secretary functions.
- Knowledge of legal matters and/or police administrative functions.
- Ability to use personal computer software systems and packages including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust to changing situations and deal with a broad range of people and personalities and exercise sound judgement.
- Must be self-motivated and show initiative
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and customer service skills.
High school diploma or equivalent. The following is preferred: college or business school experience; minimum of 5 years of administrative secretary experience.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Additional Skills:
- MICROSOFT WORD
- RETAIL SALES