Center HSE Manager
- Must have knowledge of local regulations (i.e. working with the city of Sugar Land on things such as waste disposal)
- To provide line management with continuous advice and support to ensure that HSE remains an integral part of the Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket’s business and equal in priority to production and profitability.
- Will be a role model in the application of all HSE policies and standards.
- Reports to Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket Manager and functionally to GeoMarket HSE Manager
- Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket Staff, Field Service Managers Subordinates: HSE Specialists
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- To develop Managers’ awareness and ensure HSE are an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
- To develop a competent and motivated Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket HSE organization.
- To assist the Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket Manager in – Planning and Implementation on accidents reduction year on year towards the ultimate goal of Zero accidents
- Establishing, maintaining, implementing and improving the Health, Safety, Environment and Product Line specific risk.
- Defining Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket HSE objectives
- Liaising with local clients, contractors, and agencies regarding HSE
- Regularly Assessing location risks
- Preparing HSE plans required to ensure optimum minimization of the above and compliance to HSE policies, standards and procedures, whether generic or Product Line specific
- Generating and implementing Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket standards and procedures
- Defining HSE metrics and maintaining related records
- Monitoring the perception of client services among clients
- Conducting management review meetings to assess the effectiveness of the HSE Management System and identify required improvements
- Supporting supply chain function on HSE related contractors (catering, transport, etc.).
- Ensures all Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket and Product Line specific HSE risks are identified, assessed and that appropriate risk management plans are implemented.
- To ensure adequate HSE training is provided to all personnel, including contractors, to meet the Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket needs and HSE requirements for minimum and job related training and, working through the Product Lines, ensures that personnel receive appropriate process specific training.
- To ensure that all accidents and non-conformances are properly notified, investigated, reviewed and followed up, as per the Client HSE Standard 2, and to participate in investigations of major failures and accidents
- To advise Management on corrective action required
- To advise Management on the compliance of the local HSE programs with all local and national applicable regulations in the Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness and active personal involvement among all personnel through prevention and reporting of non-conformances.
- To lead audit program and verify compliance with client and Product Line standards using appropriate checklists.
- To develop HSE partnerships with clients, suppliers/contractors and promo client HSE leadership within the Industry.
- To actively contribute to the development of Global/Area/GeoMarket programs.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and informs management accordingly.
- To ensure regular updating of personal certifications and attend to personal training as required.
- To coach and guide including HSE training and competency progress of your direct report.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Complete HSE Training and Development program of G11 and below.
- Minimum 5 years field experience, Management experience as Field Service Manager or Field Supervisor or equivalent.