The Compliance Coordinator actively addresses regulatory compliance and environmental health and safety concerns pertaining to chemical and raw materials usage. This position will ensure that we continue to meet current and future product regulatory compliance requirements including the implementation of the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labelling of Hazardous Chemicals.
- Provides Environmental/Health/Safety (EH&S) expertise and coordinates input to new chemical product development.
- Maintains and interpret chemical supplier’s composition data for hazard assessments.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of hazard communication requirements.
- Advises and communicate on hazardous material transportation requirements and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Work within cross-functional teams to develop solutions for the management and improvement of the SDS authoring process.
- Coordinate data management for hazard assessments and classification criteria to support new and existing products.
- Review and analyze product physical and health hazard testing as provided by clients necessary for proper hazardous classification.
- Participates in the activities pertaining to the WERCS database in respect to chemical data input, and document authoring, and phrase translations.
- Monitor, interpret, communicate, and assess business impact of product compliance regulations for the Western Hemisphere, and similar regulations worldwide.
- Represent company on external trade groups and teams to support business objectives.
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product development and/or HSE field and BS or MS Degree in chemical /environmental engineering, health science/toxicology, or biology/environmental/occupational science.
– Field operation experience very helpful.
– Excellent knowledge of regulatory standards and laws governing the use of chemicals, as set by Governments/Industry in the various countries, and the petrochemical industry.
– Experience with The WERCS SDS authoring system preferred.