EDI Developer (Healthcare)
This is a contract position with a premier hospital in the Medical Center.
- Translates business needs into detail requirement specifications/companion guides
- Facilitates EDI enterprise systems design and architecture
- Performs EDI systems design and analysis
- Analyzes EDI system problems and modifications
Enterprise Application Integration, (EAI)/Electronic Data Interchange, (EDI) Sr Developer has a major role in providing lead technical services to analyze, design, develop and deliver application integration solutions for all HIPAA related X12 transactions.
- Lends expertise to answer technical consulting questions, individually or as part of a project team
- Serves as a senior subject matter expert associated with content, development, processes, and procedures associated with EAI HIPAA related X12 transactions
- Promotes consistency and collaboration with all functional departments with primary focus on optimizing all business processes supported by information technology and ensuring compliance with all State and Federal regulations
Broad IT industry knowledge including X12 transactions and databases (SQL Server &
MS Access). Familiarity with Health Insurance business and practices. A working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments. Working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments. Process mapping group presentation written and verbal communication analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience with Health Insurance business processes and practices. IT EAI industry knowledge including X12 transactions
(270/271, 276/277, 834, 835, 837P, 837I, and 837D), and databases. .
• Strong process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication required.
• Strong developer skills in C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, SQL and SSIS.
• Experience in interface design, development and delivery on multiple integration platforms. Experience with Orion Rhapsody Integration platform a plus.
o Experience in Agile development methodology and managing code development with Visual Studio TFS.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education: HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelors or Masters preferred.
7 years of EDI architecture and design including 3 years of experience in management of health administration or business or technology field
Computer Science or MIS bachelor’s degree preferred. May substitute solid experience in health plan information services and EAI development experience and a H.S. diploma.