Field Logistics Operator
• Responsible for management of freight pay activities related to assigned Regional Logistics Center to ensure efficient and effective day to day processing of third party carrier invoices as well as identifying billing trends and opportunities for improvements.
• Assist Freight Pay Manager with weekly and monthly reporting activities.
• Monitoring carrier aging and freight bill approval processes and working towards resolution of problematic invoices.
• Directing concerns and problems that could arise when reconciling shipment charges between Carrier, client, Exel and Cass to ensure timely problem resolution.
• Assist Carrier Manager with educating carriers on the order-to-pay process, specifically on the billing requirements working in conjunction with the Centralized Logistics Team.
• Report and investigate Freight Pay process deviation at the Regional Logistics Center level, to sustain continuous improvement.
• Report invoicing discrepancies from contractual terms, and process credit notes when required.
Required and Desired Skills:
• Strong organization and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work with changing priorities.
• Be able to demonstrate basic experience in business process analysis, handling change management and keeping up-to-date with logistics needs.
• Ability to influence the organization to “get things done.”
• Understanding of transportation, logistics, and supply chain concepts.
• Proven ability to work in a high-volume shipping, receiving, and inventory control environment.
• Candidate must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)and strong attention to detail
• Customer focused.
• Be proficient with computers to include Excel 2007, MS PowerPoint 2007 and other MS Office programs.
• Be a team player with the ability to work cross functionally.
Education & Experience:
• Associates’ degree or equivalent
• At least 1 years of experience in transportation or logistics specifically in the Oil and Gas industry – A MUST
• 1 years of experience on Account Payable and Order-to-Pay processes
• Direct Manager = Freight Pay Manager