The Financial Analyst provides financial support to the Controller and/or Financial Center Mgr. in order to ensure that each significant business decision is given proper financial consideration. This role can be held in a Financial Center or more project oriented within a geographic location.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze and control investment (Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO)
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts relating to area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity
- Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue
- Assist with financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices
- Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies
- Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers
- Design and implement project controls
- Evaluate currency exposure* Support mentoring and development of Accountants
- Participate in Internal Audit assignments and support fraud investigations
- Conduct financial training for field engineers and managers
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Problem Solving: Intermediate project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: Intermediate oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
Finance or Accounting Degree or equivalent professional certification, MBA Required
3 -5 years in a financial role