Fixed Asset Accountant
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Post capitalization of assets, asset sales and transactions for transfers in.
* Run monthly depreciation and verify transactions.
* Clear the suspense/under construction accounts for assets monthly.
* Post asset transfers, cost center, and other data changes as required.
* Responsible for monthly FP20 Capex reporting.
* Responsible for monthly/quarterly FP23 Statement III movement reporting.
* Quarterly retirements analysis.
* Balance sheet reconciliation of fixed asset accounts, including ageing of suspense accounts.
* Monthly depreciation analysis.
* Train new staff members as necessary.
* Train and communicate to the field common OFS fixed asset policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of SAP/Lawson; not limited to the fixed asset module.
* Participate in field audits.
* Assist with fixed asset projects as they arise.
* Assist tax department with asset issues.
* Responsible for the annual FP25 Statement 6 & 7 reporting.
* Responsible for updating the segment handbook for assets.
* Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
* Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Finance or Accounting degree, or equivalent experience.
Competencies to be kept current:
2 years experience in a finance role