Fluids Analysis Specialiststaffinghouston
The Fluids Analysis Specialist does sample preparation and analysis for gas chromatography, gas chromatography – mass spectroscopy, isotope ratio- mass spectroscopy and basic oil and water properties. In addition, equipment maintenance and cleaning as well as data processing and review are required ongoing tasks while adhering to standard operating procedures and QHSE requirements.
– Carry out wellsite/ laboratory analyses and experiments, as well as any other technical tasks
assigned by LS
– Follows and complies with laboratory Data Delivery Procedure as a part of Service Delivery Procedure
(SDP), Standard Operating procedures (SOPs), Standard Work Instructions (SWI), Checklists and all
required QHSE Standards and policies
– Participates in all required safety, technical or business meetings
– Monitors laboratory working areas to insure clean, orderly, and safe working conditions
– Learning segments services via on the job training and completion of task sheets
– Executing day to day tasks as assigned by the LS and or nominated personnel
– Assists LS or other laboratory staff in providing following as required:
o Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
o Required test information to clients
o Assist training to new recruits
o Participates in ordering supplies, chemicals, and parts for department operations
o Disposal of laboratory waste according to HSE
o Product quality assurance for required jobs
o Reviews test procedures, results, and reports
– Support dynamic nature of the laboratory business and be flexible to be assigned to duties, in addition to
or in lieu of those described above; including oversees short term ‘loans’
- – Be open and seek opportunity to broaden its base knowledge beyond development as outlined in iLearnAny duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or company.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Geology or related Sciences.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory preferably petroleum geochemistry. Experience with a LIMS and or accreditations from ISO, NELAP, or other accrediting agencies is beneficial.
- The position requires self-motivation, the ability to work on multiple projects and analytical techniques at once and a well-organized individual with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with basic wet chemistry and ASTM techniques including but not limited to: titrations, electrochemical, standard and sample preparation, and metrology.
- Demonstrated experience with the following analytical instrumentation: IRMS and ideally GC and GC-MS and relevant software as well as theoretical understanding of equipment operation.
- Additional consideration given to candidates with experience in: petroleum geochemistry, aqueous geochemistry, stable isotopes, method development, and instrument maintenance
- Candidate must be willing to work extra hours as needed and expect to be in the position for at least 3-5 years. There are cross training opportunities but primary duties are in the compositional laboratories.