Front Office Specialist
This is a contract assignment in the Medical Center.
- Performs all reception duties with special emphasis on greeting patients and visitors upon arrival. Assisting with check-in, answering phone and taking complete messages and ensuring that all necessary patient forms are completed for the visit.
- Assesses a patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payor prior to initiating referral; identifies and documents network providers for appropriate referral.
- Reviews billing information; enters charges into system within established timelines; balances patient co-payments received on a daily basis.
- Monitors patient information and other practice data.
- Schedules appointments per practice protocol demonstrating the ability to use judgment when necessary
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Knowledge of general office tasks – filing, medical terminology, CPT coding and managed care referral processes.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Joint Commission guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier and adding machine.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.