- Focuses on safe performance of work, ensuring compliance with construction contract documents; ensuring corporate requirements and initiatives related to contractor health, safety and environment (HSE).
- Verify that the contractor meets all contract obligations and FLNG personnel inspect and verify quality assurance, rather than direct or control, the contractor’s field Construction operations.
- Responsible for performing the required verification of the correctness and adequacy of the construction contractor’s work in accordance with applicable specification, drawing and procedural requirements.
- Verify that work in progress is being performed in accordance with applicable specification, drawing and procedural requirements.
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken to resolve the conditions.
- Initiate, for defective work, a technical assurance alert or nonconformance report and submit the report to Freeport LNG construction management.
- Responsible for observing and reporting on construction activities in their specific areas of assignment.
- Witness Contractor’s activities and endorse Suppliers’ and Contractor’s quality records, as appropriate.
- Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials.
- Perform quality inspection activities in accordance with the Quality Plan
MECHANICAL ROTATING EQUIPMENT Responsibilities:
- Responsible for such items as observing and assuring the correctness of the fit, acceptable tolerances, alignment, embedment and mating of all critical parts of the field assembled drivers and driven units e.g. pumps, blowers, fans, compressors, etc.
- Assures that the contractor performs sufficient inspections on all mechanical components and material.
- Makes random and periodic inspections of the alignment, welding, flushing and hydrostatic testing of powerhouse piping
- Verifies by inspection that the correct installation, alignment and final setting of mechanical components such as pumps, motors, pressure vessels, valves and air compressors
- Participates in completion inspections of installed systems.
- Perform surveillance activities, quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection & Test Plans.
- Participates in the execution of detailed oversight program for high criticality activities or critical equipment inspections.
- Participates in FATs, final inspection release activities, review of supplier Quality Control documents and support closure of punch list items.