IT Infrastructure & Security Manager
This is a direct hire position with a global company in NW Houston. As a member of the senior IT leadership team you will ensure that the company has the people, systems, and processes necessary to provide a robust and cost-effective operating technology infrastructure. Day-to-day, this position will develop, maintain, and facilitate the implementation of a reliable helpdesk team and an integrated IT server and network architecture. Strategically, this position will advise on emerging relevant technology trends and of core competency shifts or investments that the department needs to make.
You will play a critical part in ensuring that the company achieves its vision of becoming a key enabler of scalability, as they build the backbone of the systems that will move the company into technological modernity.
• Recruit, train, and lead the team necessary to achieve their vision
• Advise the Director on strategic shifts necessary within the department
• Stay abreast of emerging technology trends and bring back relevant learnings in technology/services for implementation
• Oversee the administration, availability, performance, security and maintenance of over 450 servers spanning multiple centers and over 90 remote locations globally.
• Oversee the administration, availability, and performance of all enterprise network equipment
• Put in place and supervise the processes and procedures necessary to appropriately maintain and support the network and server environments (backups, antivirus, disaster recovery, etc)
• Migrate all new business acquisitions off current systems and into the enterprise environment; provide appropriate technology due diligence in advance of acquisition
• Implement thoughtful performance metrics and SLAs and track and report results monthly
• Ensure that all relevant areas meet or exceeds SOX compliance standards.
• Create and execute strategies to improve the reliability and security of IT projects
• Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
• Spearhead vulnerability audits, forensic investigations and mitigation procedures
• Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis
• Institute organization-wide training in security awareness, protocols and procedures
Required Skills & Attributes:
• 10+ years of Leadership as an infrastructure manager
• Ability to communicate at an executive level.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple simultaneous tasks and objectives
• Pro-active, customer-focused approach