The Logistics Coordinator will work with a team of logistics professionals to organize, coordinate, plan and manage the logistic freight flows within North America to include Canada. Responsible for the coordination, consolidation and creation of all identified shipping requests within the Transportation Management System (TMS).
• Fast learner of new systems working with the newly designed Transportation Management System
• Able to operate proactively and effectively in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
• Works well with others, has a desire to cross train with team members in a similar capacity to accomplish common tasks
• Communicates (verbally and written) well with customers, managers, carriers and other interested parties in a professional manner that represents the company well
• Ability to establish a high level of professional integrity, trust and credibility within the organization
• Leads initiative to optimize freight distribution; consolidation; route planning and scheduling to meet specific service expectations and demands
• Participate in carrier selection for specified lanes considering cost, lead time, carrier capacity and service quality, schedule and segment constraints using the transportation management system
• Manage weekly fixed schedules and regional milk runs
• Able to provide timely information and updates to internal and external customers upon request
• Prioritize and resolve logistics issues in a timely manner
• Able to provide periodic reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed for your area of responsibility
• Must be able to work in an office environment on a computer for several hours at a time.
• Able to identify areas to improve processes, resolve service failures and reduce cost, without compromising service quality
• Has the ability to multi-task and is detailed oriented
• May be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the segment and/or company.
• Willing to work off hours as needed, will require on-call rotation for nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or four years’ equivalent experience in Supply Chain/Logistics or Business Administration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytic abilities
• Excellent team building skills
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products