Logistics Specialist – Billing
This is contract to hire employment opportunity with a global company located in Houston, TX.
Logistic Specialist-Billing will work with a team of logistics/finance professionals to manage payment flows for North America Logistics operations. Responsible for the researching, tracking, monitoring, coding, validating and corresponding with carriers regarding their invoice payments and issues.
- Monitors invoices on a daily basis
- Fast learner of new systems; able to work in multiple system simultaneously
- Able to operate proactively and effectively in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Works well with others, has a desire to cross train with team members in a similar capacity to accomplish common tasks
- Communicates (verbally and written) well with customers, managers, carriers and other interested parties in a professional manner that represents the company well
- Ability to establish a high level of professional integrity, trust and credibility within the organization
- Able to provide timely information and updates to internal and external customers upon request; able to provide feedback to carriers and manage any outstanding issues and other problems that may arise within the payment process
- Prioritize and resolve freight pay issues in a timely manner
- Able to provide periodic reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed for your area of responsibility and analysis
- Able to read and understand legal contracts and logistics rates
- Must be able to work in an office environment on a computer and phone for several hours at a time.
- Able to identify areas to improve processes, resolve service failures without compromising service quality
- Is detailed oriented and a multi-taker
- Must have at least an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- May be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the business and/or company.
- Willing to work off hours as needed.
- Able to create systemic processes (i.e. coding, scripting, macros)
- VBA and/or SQL
- Microsoft Visio
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or four years equivalent experience in Supply Chain and Finance/Accounting background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in Oracle and SAP systems
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products