The Management Accountant is primarily responsible for taking actions that ensure transactions impacting the financial reports are properly monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in the proper period. This development position can be within a Segment, Financial Center, fiscal/ legal entity or manufacturing center in all geographic areas of the world.
Reports to the Accounting Supervisor/Mgr. or Finance Center Manager or Financial Analyst or Operation Controller, and in some instances also to the FSM or Location Operations Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Balance sheet account review and reconciliation and preparation of associated BS notes.
* P&L variance analysis including review of detailed revenue and cost transactions.
* Subsystem control including client receivables collections and DSO reporting, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
* Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
* Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
* Control over systems posting and reporting.
* Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
* Assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
* Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
* Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
* May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Finance or Accounting Degree
Competencies to be kept current:
- 1-6 years in a financial role Behavior
Problem Solving: basic skill in project estimation with standard complexity, creative and innovative solutions, analytical oriented, and basic decision making skills communication.
Leadership: functions independently and in a team with basic project mgt. skills.
Communication: standard oral and written communication skills, and customer oriented. Cross
Discipline: basic understanding of company strategy the practice of the principles of Quality Management