The Production Planner implements an effective and appropriate capacity management and production monitoring system.
– Maintains all MRP planning and scheduling parameters for all “make” items.
– Analyzes planned order reports and provides timely release of production work orders specified by the Production Plan.
– Interfaces with production teams and procurement specialists to prioritize the most critical items.
– Identifies and brings to resolution any production demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix. – Provides daily guidance and information to the product line team regarding status of production schedules.
– Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to the Planning Manager
– Monitors production progress against scheduling needs and intervenes as necessary to bring deliveries back into compliance with production schedules.
– Identifies and reports opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce waste, shorten lead times, reduce costs, etc.
– Reports all scheduling, capacity, and production tracking data, statistics and metrics as defined by the Master Schedule policy.
-Minimum 2 years previous related experience
-Manufacturing Process knowledge a plus