The Safety Representative supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving HSE culture within the worksite. This person will assist Line Management in understanding and implementing the HSE Management System and monitoring HSE objectives.
· To develop employee base awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives
· Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE
· Assessing the local risks
1. Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required
· Preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at location level
– Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures
· Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Segment standards)
2. To advise Management on corrective action required.
· Organize safety meetings with Trucking Manager(s) and review HiPo RIR etc.
3. To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
· Present classroom training for new hires including orientations
· Go-to person for HR when hiring new Drivers
4. To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
· File set up and upload of Driver files
· Weekly reports and compliance monitoring
· Administration contract for non-compliant Drivers
5. To ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site.
· Set up drivers, follow up with monitoring issues.
6. To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program , local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
7. To actively monitor & follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits.
· Driver logs – Edits, Audits action item closures (review issue with driver)
8. To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
9. To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in HSE.
10. To recommend improvements to the HSE program.
11. PPE compliance and ordering.
12. Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
· Generate training files for all other training not managed in Kelmar and monitor, i.e. H2s onboarding sign off documents
· Entry of all incidents RIR, etc.
13. To analyze HSE trends for the location.
· University degree or Master’s degree in a related field such as: Occupational health & safety or Environmental science/management
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience
· HSE recognized as strength by peer and manager
· Good communication skills
· Basic computer skills