Sand Sourcing Manager
Develops and implements strategies and tactics to effectively meet the Basin/ Country logistics needs, minimize TCO while maximizing supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time). Responsibilities include managing a team of Sourcing Specialists and reports to the Product Line Sourcing Manager.
• Creates sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize logistics disruptions, in accordance with Category sourcing strategies
• Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects
• Can direct a group of sourcing specialists to effectively locate, evaluate and select a high-performing supply base in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers
• Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/ Quotation/ Information/ Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership
• Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with HSE, Quality standards and Supplier Managers if applicable
Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
• Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Supply Chain Contract Specialists
• Works with Logistics Control Tower to allocates activity across suppliers and in line with the Category Strategy and the Supplier Management Strategy
• Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply
• Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives
• Responsible for delivering a top performing workforce
• Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
• Contracts and pricing agreements
• Manage key performance metrics related to this position
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing
• 15+ years’ experience in Supply Chain or Sales function with at least 10 years in the upstream oilfield capacity
• 5 years of experience directly with managing commercial aspects of sand portfolio in North America either in a sourcing or sales capacity
• Exceptionally strong commercial contract experience- able to understand structure and independently modify/challenge commercial provisions.
• Working end to end knowledge of the Sand business including a high level of understating of TCO for sand or comparable commodity
• Exceptionally strong, proven negotiation fortitude and experience
Successful candidates communicate well and are able to collaborate. They are motivated by and able to excel in a high pressure high visibility role while demonstrating the ability to motivate and build strong high performing teams by demonstrating the ability to influence by example. Good leadership and management skills with a strong ability to influence change. He/ She is a powerful negotiator and has an analytical mind to align with the business ethics and requirements.