This position provides support in the areas of employment, recruiting and staffing. He/she assists in the search, interview, offer, and placement of quality candidates.
- Represents the client professionally at all recruiting activities including career fairs, university visits, interviews, etc.
- Coordinates career fairs, university visits, etc.
- May act as a first point of contact for new recruits.
- Supports candidates through the interview process and keeps them informed along the way.
- Screens, evaluates and conducts reference checks on candidates, maintains requisitions and advertising databases.
- Keeps up-to-date on recruiting requirements, standards and processes for each of the Business Groups, Product Lines and Functions.
- Coordinates hiring process of new recruits (including but not limited to pre-employment screening, travel, relocation, effective start date, security clearances, and visa coordination).
- Supports the staffing of new businesses and cross-Product Line initiatives.
- Maintains new employee files and HR records.
- Updates and maintains applicant tracking system and recruiting files to support future activity.
- Organizes the logistics for all assessment sessions.
- Complies with all applicable client standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Handles complex and confidential secretarial and administrative assignments
- Types formal letters, interoffice correspondence and miscellaneous documents; proofreads work for accuracy and composes correspondence and responses to inquiries on own initiative
- Answers telephone and handle requests for information at an advanced level
- Sets up and maintains department records and files
- Keeps department managers and supervisors informed about all meetings, appointments, due dates of reports and other time-oriented requirements
- Arranges travel schedules and reservations
- Provides supervision and training of others
Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
Previous Experience and Competencies:
University Degree with 0 to 2 years’ HR or Business experience
Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.