The Sourcing Leader implements strategies and tactics to effectively manage the local sourcing of a Center/Basin/Country portfolio to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
Responsibilities may include managing a team of Sourcing Specialists.
Direct Report: Center Supply Chain Manager – Integration Center or Geomkt SC Manager or Sourcing Manager; and maintains close relationship with Supplier Managers and Category Managers.
Cross functional relationship: Maintains a close working relationship with Category, Supplier Management and Sustaining teams.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions, in accordance with Category sourcing strategies.
- Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects
- Locates and selects a high-performance supply base in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers.
- Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
- Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, and Supplier Manager.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Supply Chain Contract Specialists.
- Allocates product demand across suppliers and in line with the Global Category Strategy and the Global Supplier Management Strategy.
- Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers to meet defined objectives
- Responsible for delivering a top performing workforce.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with the company and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Specific deliverables of the position Sourcing plans.
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements.
- Contracts and pricing agreements.
-Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.