Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Coordinate all phases of a system optimization or upgrade project and provides production services such as recommending improvements to strategy, system usage, or process through the application of business and technology skill sets. Reviews and analyzes systems including testing and documenting for all client applications. Represent the business/clinical interests and needs of a given project and/or specific component within a project. Consults with stakeholders to identify current operation procedures and to clarify program objectives. Additional responsibilities include workflow administration and data management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify system issues, business process needs, and other integrating systems are being optimized effectively.
- Leads discussions with user community to define problems and opportunities for system enhancements.
- Conducts analysis of current business practices, user needs and work flow processes.
- Documents the current as is & to be business processes.
- Responsible for reviewing, modifying and recommending business requirements for existing and potentially new systems.
- Investigates alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations.
- Runs reports to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business/clinical operations including but not limited to meaningful use and clinical outcomes.
- Gathers data on what business requirements should be included during the design stage leveraging industry and organizational best practices.
- Supports business operations and serves as liaison to I.S. supporting continued system maintenance and optimization.
- Assists with enforcement of project activities/deadlines for stakeholders in collaboration with Information Services project management office.
- Coordinates the development of test scenarios and test scripts for integration and user acceptance testing in coordination with Information Services support and project teams.
- Develops functional specifications for customer change orders/optimizations. • Collaborates with training team on documentation for training programs and materials/documentation for departments user community. •
- Works with users to resolve data integrity issues with the various reporting tools used by the end user community.
- Prior to first productive use, identifies the impacts and dependencies of the new system/functionality.
- Demonstrates efficiencies of the new system and provide feedback to teams.
- Works with I.S. and customers to perform functional configuration analysis for system implementations, on-going maintenance and other projects.
- Facilitates design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface.
- Specifies the design decisions in an accurate and testable manner.
- Identifies and documents the data sources and recipients to be developed to support data collection and maintenance.
- Updates and creates end user policies and procedures as needed.
- Defines report requirements and translates purpose of the reports in business terminology.
- Prioritizes requests from various business units and project manage them together with various development team members.
- Analyzes system problems and modifications.
- Analyzes business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements.
- Evaluates business procedures and problems for process improvement and collaborates with I.S. as necessary.
- Assists users to resolve functional application problems.
- Acts as liaison with Information Services to perform application maintenance activities.
- Produces, publishes and distributes scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational analysis relating to clinical and revenue cycle operations.
- Coordinates training of systems.
- Develops and maintains training materials and training environment for systems training. • Assists with upgrade testing.
- Analyzes impact on users and determines if additional training is required.
- Communicates with vendors to address problems and resolutions.
- Schedules sessions with users to view new systems and upgrades.
- Assists with development and training of new hires and existing employees.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of current business practices and various systems, interfaces, and standard healthcare software.
- Familiarity with SQL and a variety of hardware and software environments.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare industry is also required.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare applications preferred.
- For complete satisfactory performance in this job, the incumbent will have knowledge of project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Candidate should also be highly analytical, creative thinkers and avid problem-solvers and have the ability to analyze the functionality of systems and how it fits or not with operations.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic problems and recommend appropriate action is required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field. (An ADDITIONAL 4 years of work related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field.
- 7 years experience in Healthcare Operations and/or Information Systems implementation.