Tax / Management Accountant
This is a contract position in the Energy Corridor with a Global Energy company. The Management Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of accurate financial accounts for their respective business segments.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
– Running day-to-day operations to meet KPI objectives based on Service Level Agreements (SLA) between the Hub and Geomarket
– Performing analysis as and when required by Geomarket
– Developing domain expertise
– Identifying and reporting critical issues to the supervisor
– Preparing, reconciling and reviewing the Balance Sheet notes (including sub systems)
– Preparing monthly forecast of the Profit and Loss Accounts for the Operations Controller
– Preparing and analysing the Profit and Loss accounts including detailed review of revenue and cost transactions
– Controlling and preparing general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations, etc
– Preparing segment analysis and reports for Operations Controller, Operations Manager, Field Segment Managers for planning purposes.
– Preparing Fiscal analysis and management fiscal reconciliation in accordance with Local/ Country tax requirements.
– Providing support to Geomarket on Tender P&L’s/analysis for Operations Controller and Operations Manager for planning purposes.
– Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
– Ensuring all reports are submitted within deadlines
– Participating in ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
– Qualified member of ACCA/ CIMA / MIA / MACPA / CPA of Australia or equivalents
– Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics
(Specific skills required to perform the duties)
– 3 to 5 years experience in large accounting firm or Multinational
– Proficient in MS-Office