The Technical Communications Specialist plans, develops, delivers and maintains information products to support product and service deployment, service delivery, service quality, and product maintenance, throughout the product and service lifecycle. (Information products include but are not limited to documentation, training, multimedia, and technical illustration.)
The Technical Communications Specialist reports to the Technical Communications Manager, Technical Communications Team Lead, Project Manager, Commercialization Manager, or Training Development
Manager.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create manufacturing and maintenance procedures to be used to build and maintain the tools supported by the product center.
- Deliver high quality information products appropriate for the target audience
- Present complex information to the target audience in a concise, accurate, and usable form
- Develop requirements, estimations and project plans for information product development
- Organize and manage workflows with subject matter experts and contractors
- Submit and process modification/change requests (RFCs & SMRs) for information products
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of technical communications business processes, competencies, tools, standards, and best practices (e.g. workflows, style guides, templates)
- Develop, maintain, and improve personal professional competencies, specialized knowledge, and skills in technical communications and relevant technical domains
- Provide training and mentoring for less experienced technical communications specialists
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years + in technical writing, preferably in the industry.