The Assistant Accountant is responsible for routine transaction processing and standard reporting.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in performing balance sheet account reconciliation and preparation of associated balance sheet notes.
- Process intercompany, inventory, fixed asset or other transactions involving financial systems.
- Perform subsystem control including client receivables, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
- Assist in preparing general ledger entries including prepaids, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Assist in preparing routing reports as required.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensures Revenue Recognition Criteria are met
- Review and pursue collection of outstanding receivables monthly.
- Ensure fixed asset listing is current by performing audits. Prepare disposals as needed.
- Ensure outstanding purchase orders are kept current, and monitor spending on weekly basis.
- Ensure revenue is recorded in a timely manner, and in the month, it is generated.
- Prepare financial forecasts and monitor results.
- Prepare month end journal vouchers and provide management reconciled balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and distribute monthly FP20 report. Review P&L weekly and report results to management.
- Ensure a physical inventory is taken and recorded monthly and review product cost fluctuations
Education Requirements: Technical Finance or Accounting Certificate or equivalent experience.
Required Experience: 0-2 years’ experience in a financial role.