Collaborative Manipulation Roboticist
This is a Direct hire position with a global energy company in Cambridge, MA.
At the company’s location in Cambridge, MA, the robotics department is evaluating and developing cutting-edge technology for the automation of unstructured oil and gas applications. We are looking for talented PhD and Master’s level roboticists specializing in collaborative manipulation to join a multidisciplinary team working on stimulating problems that will lead to disruptive differentiation in functions spanning manufacturing, maintenance and field operations.
The successful candidate will closely collaborate with experienced SDR team members and the company’s product development entities to design, develop, simulate and test algorithms and software prototypes against harsh oilfield environments. Taking advantage of the vibrant Boston robotic cluster, he/she will participate in strategic engagements with academic research institutions and worldwide industry partners.
- Deep theoretical foundation in relevant artificial intelligence disciplines
- Working knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS) framework
- Will demonstrate proficiency with relevant programming languages, such as Python and C++, in a Linux environment
- Motion planning and inverse kinematics
- Task planning under uncertainty Supervised
- reinforcement/demonstration learning
- Excellent problem-solving
- organizational and communication skill
Education: PhD or Master’s degree with 3 years of industry experience with emphasis on human-robot collaborative manipulation