Medical Referral Transcriptionist
This is a contract position for a well-known hospital in Houston, TX.
Our client is looking for Referral Transcriptionist to add to their team. The chosen candidate will have knowledge and experience with operating basic office equipment; proficient in use of word processing/spreadsheet programs and other hospital information systems; utilize a multi-line telephone; and accurately type 40+ words a minute. You must know basic medical terminology, 6 months data entry, have a high school diploma or GED, and prior experience in a medical or hospital environment.
- Collects patient referral information and enters it accurately.
- Checks for existing medical record using approved patient look-up method. If no medical record exists, employee will register the patient and create a medical record.
- Reviews faxed referral order and types all order information into the appropriate order fields in the EMR.
- Reviews the newly created order for accuracy- Assures that all demographic information (physician, patient name/alias and payer information) is complete and accurate, including spelling, as measured by supervisory observation and quality audits.
- Scans the faxed order and places scanned image in the media tab in the EMR.
- Seeks clarification of unclear or omitted data from referral order.
- Communicates to appropriate Manager any difficulty with garnering referral information in a timely manner, as needed.
- Ensures the delivery of excellent customer service and exemplary employee relations.