Petrotechnical Learning Advisor
This is a 6+ month contract assignment in the Energy Corridor. This role is an excellent opportunity for an energetic employee with a petrotechnical or operational background. The role requires engagement and networking with global functional and discipline leadership, Talent Management Team members, and key Business Unit stakeholders to develop high-impact learning plans.
• Ensure all Learning and Development solutions are aligned with the needs and requirements of the business.
• Provide support in the development and maintenance of curricula across all stages of an employee’s career. Work with multiple disciplines and business units to incorporate new skills, applications, and technologies into the curricula
• Lead, manage, and resource learning projects at various stages of the development lifecycle
• Provide research and insight regarding best learning practices and learning solutions to improve performance
• Partner with the business to create, analyze and apply learning measures and metrics to assess:
o Instructor and course performance
o Resulting performance of learners
o Performance and cost effectiveness of external training suppliers
o Efficiency of learning program delivery
• Interact with appropriate Talent Management Teams to solicit learning and development requirements, competency alignment, and to provide input for talent movement, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Geoscience or Technical discipline; or non-Technical Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years oil and gas Operations experience
• 7+ years of direct experience in the petroleum industry
• Experience and knowledge in the field of Learning and Development
• Solid working knowledge of energy industry and innovative technologies that are being introduced
• Builds positive relationships across organizations that foster a strong work environment
• Ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and to influence senior leaders
• Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results without direct authority
• Encourages new ways of looking at problems, processes, and solutions
• Experience applying and utilizing Data Analytics
• Proficient in Spotfire or Power BI