Accounts Payable Specialist
This is a contract hire position with a global company located in the Energy Corridor in West Houston. The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Third Party invoices and Personnel Expense Reports, as well as performing a secondary audit of other AP Team Members posted invoices, conducting statement audits and problem resolutions, for multiple company payables.
* Process invoices for payment to vendors by checking invoices for accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and entering data into system.
* Prepare original documents for imaging/filing as instructed.
* Process check and refund requests: check requests for accuracy; resolve problems; enter data into system; attached required support for audit.
* Answer phone, mail, and walk-in inquiries; research questions; provide accurate and prompt resolution to inquiries.
* Analyze/review vendor accounts for accuracy and check credit balances; request cash refunds on credit balances.
* Knowledge of W-9 and 1099 process.
* Distribute mail; open mail; record retention filing; work on special projects as needed. * Comply with applicable company policies.
Requirements: Technical Finance or Accounting Certificate or equivalent experience.
Experience: 0-2 years experience in an A/P role in a large corporate environment. Experience with SAP or Oracle is a must.