Acquisition System Software Engineer
As the Acquisition System Software Engineer, you will develop software systems used for reading and controlling data through sensors and instrumentation. You will implement operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrate data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, quick learners, can work independently with little direction and able to make strong decisions. Able to effect change through influence with strong leadership and mentoring skills. They work well in a team environment and can meet deadlines.
- Ensure the design and implementation satisfy key acquisition system responsibilities (reliability, performance, others as relevant).
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- BS / MS / PhD in Electrical/ Computer Engineering
- Software experience or education 5 to 10 years’ experiences in a similar position
Competencies to be kept current:
- WITSML, OPC, MODBUS, CAN, TCP/IP, Energetics/ETP Standards -C/C++/C#/.net
- Unit testing frameworks
- Visual Studio and TFS
- Reliability, MTBF, MTTR
- Knowledge of SCADA systems
- Understand the system view in the context of the acquisition system (physics
- Acquisition/control instrumentation
- Acquisition software (acquire/control, compute, workflows, downstream interoperability & lt deliverables/data streaming/downstream)
- Notions of real-time data and control systems (include as relevant: time synchronization, control loops & regulation…)
- Understand the notion of real-time for the different level/partitions of the acquisition system (hard real-time, soft real-time) and implement adequately against the real-time specifications
- Awareness of appropriate industry standards and regulations (electrical, explosive, HSE…)
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking