Ambulatory Service Representative
As the Ambulatory Service Representative, you will conduct the scheduling, registering and financial process initiation for out-patient appointments within the ambulatory clinics. This position is accountable for delivering excellent customer service, obtaining accurate information for the beginning process of the financial system, and accurately scheduling patients with the most appropriate service and provider. Results expected are patient and provider satisfaction, in addition to complete, accurate data for appropriate financial outcomes.
- Receive appointment requests
- Identify existing Medical Record Number (MRN) or create new MRN
- Obtain correct demographic information as related to insurance information, etc.
- Determine in/out of network, uninsured, under-insured, need for financial counseling
- Offer financial screening to patient / payer
- Triage / prioritize initial patient diagnosis referral using standard operating procedures
- Complete and manage work queues in Epic
- Review hospital services and Hospital Account Record (HAR) accuracy
- Register donors and research participants
- Monthly review of Daily Account Record (DAR) for Medicaid mismatches, research and obtain valid insurance authorization or refer to financial counseling
- Obtain authorizations for admissions, liaise with access center
- Facilitate diagnostic and ancillary scheduling
- Review existing pre-visit orders, link when necessary
- Check patients in / out
- Make follow up appointments
- Prepare and distribute new patient reminder letters
- Organize and prepare patient packets, schedules, etc. for upcoming day’s activities
- Apply (drop) charges in system to support clinic financial statistics
- Complete daily provider utilization grid
- Warm call reminders regarding upcoming appointment(s)
- Collect co-pay amounts from patient guardians
- Order supplies for clinic or department
- Link and/or release patient orders (lab, therapy, etc.) in system
- Complete and process consent forms
- Provide phone management support for ambulatory clinic or department
- Understand and perform to iCARE standards for customer service
- Complete referral authorization during call, if possible. If not, create referral shell for PCP to verify the insurance referral
- Schedule multidisciplinary visits
- Template management
- Train other employees
- Committee involvement
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two – year Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- CHAA Certification preferred.