Application Functional Lead
Provides technical services to analyze, design and deliver clinical/business solutions while lending expertise to activities related to answering technical consulting questions, individually or as part of a team. Serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures of enterprise applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibility A: Translates business needs into detailed requirement specifications.
- Analyzes current business practices, user needs, and work flow processes.
- Develops architecture-specific deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems or operational solutions.
- Contributes details to the overall plan within scope of experience and skills.
- Translates customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and designs a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
Responsibility B: Performs configuration analysis for system design.
- Facilitates design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface.
- Identifies and documents data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection.
- Documents the design decisions in an accurate and testable method for use by developers and database analysts.
- Assists with the design of user procedures. Responsibility C: Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Analyzes clinical and business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements.
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources.
- Reports and tracks issues until resolution provided by vendor.
Responsibility D: Maintains systems and releases.
- Assists with controlling and reviewing third party vendor application releases to production.
- Implements modifications to the production systems to accommodate new or changing requirements.
- Provides emergency support in some cases after hours for malfunctioning systems.
- Updates and maintains support documentation.
Responsibility E: Researches technology trends and directions.
- Identifies and recommends tools and techniques using best practices/industry standards to support strategic direction and to assist in deploying appropriate business initiatives.
- Identifies alternative ways to utilize the application and technologies for projects that are impacted by performance and/or business issues.
- Stays current on technology standards, information management, development methods, and emerging 3rd party software through independent research to advise on technology and leverage industry best practices for platform design/development.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and makes recommendations on and advocates for the selection of vendors, products, tools, services, protocols, infrastructure components, and standards that will support the IS strategies.
Responsibility F: Participates in overall departmental activities.
- Facilitates activities with management, other IS functions, users, or vendors for all phases of the application software life cycle.
- Coaches on design principles across multiple problems/solutions under different scenarios.
- Represents IS in discussions with other groups to develop application and data integration solutions.
- Adheres to the Agile Workload management processes and participates in daily team stand-up, iteration planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Acts as an advocate for IS leadership in the implementation of best practices and delivery processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad IT industry knowledge, including application architecture, development (VB Net, C#), databases (SQL Server), data architecture, and application partitioning
- Familiarity with health insurance business processes and practices
- Working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments
- Process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication skills, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a timeline
- Ability to apply knowledge of how industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps and IT enablers
- Ability to architect solutions
- Ability to guide teams through the software development lifecycle
- Ability to consult as a technical expert across assignments
- Preferred Skills: Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SSRS, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Agile: Scrum or Kanban, Test Case Creation, Unit Testing
The formal education and experience required for complete satisfactory performance in this job are as follows:
Required Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or information technology
Preferred Master’s Degree in computer science or information technology
Required 8 years of application design and implementation
Prefer experience in management or project leadership