This is a long-term contract position for a global O&G company.
Under moderate supervision, Assistant Accountant performs general accounting duties and certain fixed-asset tasks, and administers payables, AFEs, payroll, taxes, and insurance for field and office personnel.
• Administers payroll for those divisions assigned.
• Ensures payroll accounts are fully funded.
• Calculates and authorizes payment of federal, state, and local taxes as appropriate and assigned.
• Analyzes paperwork from districts and makes such reimbursements and adjustments as are required.
• Ensures group insurance trust is properly and adequately funded, if required.
• Takes appropriate action in relation to workers’ compensation and related insurance issues as assigned.
• Updates general ledger system as required.
• Manages payables and check runs and performs audits and account reconciliations.
• Bills associated companies as necessary.
• Administers joint venture accounts as required.
• Administers vacation report and policies to company personnel.
• Prepares accounting, payroll, fixed asset, insurance, and other reports as required, and maintains related current and history files.
• Maintains confidentiality of all payroll, taxation, and associated information.
• Responds to telephone and other inquiries in a timely and polite manner.
• Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• High school education or equivalent.
• A minimum of two years of experience as a Senior Clerk, Accounting Clerk, Assistant Accountant, or comparable experience in a related field.