Indirect Tax Manager
As the Indirect Tax Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Tax Manager with the management of the Clients Indirect Tax Function. Responsibilities of this position include tax compliance with respect mostly to state and local tax matters, but also US tax matters.
- Ensure tax filings for state and local sales and use taxes, motor fuels and other mobile equipment taxes, property tax, business license & occupational tax, and federal excise tax returns are completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee refund requests generated by the compliance process
- Supervise and assist with tax-only credit memo generation processes for all ERP systems.
- Identify areas for improvement or savings during tax compliance process and identify process improvements to reduce non-value-added tasks within the compliance process itself.
- Quarterly balance sheet account analysis for all indirect tax GL accounts.
- Review and monitor changes in state tax laws and explain their effect on the company.
- Review and provide guidance relative to changes in business practices affecting tax. (Fuel Purchasing System, IRP Apportioned License Plate reporting.)
- Research and apply complicated Indirect Tax issues affecting company businesses.
- Attend training/development courses as required by company policies and enhance knowledge in all tax areas affecting responsibilities.
- Assist with Tax Trainings created for employees to improve overall tax compliance.
- Assist other Tax Department personnel in all areas as needed.
- Assist the HUB Tax Manager with special products as needed.
8-10 years Sales/Use tax Audit/Compliance experience (3-5 yrs. min of compliance experience)
Experience overseeing a large project or small team, preferred
Proficient in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Preferred: SAP
- Optional: Microsoft Office Access, Oracle
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.