Clinical Administrative Assistant
Our client, a hospital in the Houston area has an exciting open opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. You will be assisting the Director and other staff members in preparation of correspondence by typing, proofreading, copying and presenting to assigning staff member within time frame agreed upon.
- Maintains an adequate supply of office materials.
- Possesses an understanding of budgets and procedures for ordering supplies and services.
- Reviews and edits API data for department personnel to ensure that security schedules and times are posted accurately for time worked by police officers and Security personnel.
- Answers departmental telephone calls and in person inquiries from employees and visitors arriving at the administration office.
- Assists the Director and other staff members in the preparation of training and preparation of presentation materials as assigned by staff.
- Completes assignment to the prescribed standards of accuracy and appearance.
- Assists the Director and other staff members on special projects to meet the prescribed project completion date, ensuring a professional level of administrative quality.
- Sound knowledge of general secretary functions.
- Knowledge of legal matters and/or police administrative functions.
- Ability to use personal computer software systems and packages including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust to changing situations and deal with a broad range of people and personalities and exercise sound judgment.
- Must be self-motivated and show initiative have excellent verbal/written communication skills and customer service skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- The following is preferred: college or business school experience; minimum of 5 years of administrative secretary experience.