This is a 3+ month contract in the Medical Center.
• Develops, implements and evaluates patient nutritional care plans
• Provides age-appropriate assessments of all patients identified at nutrition risk to include diabetes management and education per established timeframe/guidelines
• Adapts nutrition plan to specific economic, social, cultural, and age-appropriate patient needs
• Reassess patients at appropriate intervals and adjusts plan of care as warranted
• Provides age appropriate education to support the nutritional plan of care
• Assesses learning needs and readiness to learn for all patients/families
• Participates in the development and review of education materials and department resources to meet the needs of the populations served.
• Knowledge of nutrition, medical nutrition therapy and pediatrics.
• Ability to observe deficiencies and formulate actions to correct the situation, make assessments and recommendations,
educate others on nutritional needs, and use word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition programs on a computer.
RD – Cert-Registered Dietitian Commission on Dietetic Registry- Required
LD – Licensed Dietitian Texas Department of Licensing- Required
Bachelor’s Degree- Required