Clinical Research Financial Analyst
The Research Financial Analyst is responsible for providing a variety of financial/accounting functions for the Clinical Research Department. You will assist in preparing clinical research budgets, promote billing compliance by reconciling research activity in clinical research and accounting systems, create journal entries, perform daily invoicing and reconciling of research accounts.
This position will be expected to use their financial background in the completion of job duties and problem solving. You will function in a consultative role, serving as a partner in decision making and problem solving by employing self-initiated and proactive assessments of leadership information needs.
- Facilitates compliance with research billing requirements and the full recovery of research costs through analysis, monitoring and reconciliation of research activity.
- Collaborate with Manager, research coordinators, investigators and external partners to ensure:
- 1) timeliness of invoices/payments
- 2) current contracts are in place for all active studies with billable charges.
- Collaborate with Manager, Sr. Finance Analyst, investigators, study coordinators, and research teams to ensure all costs applicable to the specific study are accounted for in REVEAL.
- Provide REVEAL training to study coordinators and Principal Investigators
- Assist manager in coordinating check requests for internally funded grants, reconciling and posting payments for Foundation funded studies.
- Collaborate with Manager, research coordinators, investigators and other appropriate personnel to:
- Reconcile complex research study accounts between clinical trial management systems and hospital billing systems
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and posting adjustments
- Assist research study personnel with financial and administrative issues that arise with individual research studies
- Manage systems for tracking:
1) reconciling invoices/payment
2) status of each contract/service order.
- Track and monitor receivables related to clinical studies
- Review expenditures and receipts during study and at study closeout
- Verify proper reimbursement per clinical study research agreements and resolve discrepancies
- Follow-up on outstanding invoices monthly
- Coordinate and issue research account related check requests, as needed
- Assist in the establishment and closing of clinical study research accounts.
- Assists manager in coordinating due diligence and data collection for potential transactions.
- Works with operational leaders to advance hospital-wide initiatives (5-year plan, budgetary recovery efforts. etc.).
- Develops internal analytical tools in support of leaders’ information requests.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the internal and external data systems that are utilized in the Research Finance area (currently: Lawson, REVEAL, Epic, Velos, eIRB).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Excel and Macros that are utilized in the Finance area.
- Required Experience: 2-4 years related experience, Previous healthcare financial accounting or finance experience
- Experience with electronic health records systems.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HPCPS) coding systems.
- EPIC patient billing background (hospital side is a must, physician side as well would be a plus), familiar with Excel.
- Seeking someone with a great degree of Excel knowledge and accounting type background.