Medical Compliance Coordinator/Auditor
This is a contract position for our client, a hospital in the Houston area.
Compliance Coordinator plays a critical execution role related to the effective functioning of a Health Plan’s Compliance Program, and across the “Seven Elements.” Prior accomplishments and work experiences would ideally include regulatory awareness related to policy and procedure development, corrective action plan monitoring and follow-up, auditing and monitoring, regulatory agency updates and reporting requirements, and integration of regulatory compliance program and training throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate has a history of transformation, leading training and education efforts to keep organization current with regulatory requirements, and ideally would reflect a prior leadership role over a Compliance Committee (of a managed care organization).
- Work with Finance management team to identify high risk areas within the Health Plan and to initiate audit projects designed to evaluate what the risks and related financial impact is and implement controls designed to mitigate those risks.
- Identifies risks outside the scope of assigned audits and other projects, documents the risks, and communicates risks to Finance management.
- Identifies and evaluates potential projects to improve management of risks, add value, and improve the organization’s operations.
- Demonstrates initiative and risk assessment skills by recommending/proposing new projects or expansion of existing projects.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles, and preferred business practices.
- Collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Utilize word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Conduct reviews of peer’s audit work papers.