Financial Analyst (Healthcare)
This is a contract Financial Analyst opportunity for a Hospital in the Bellaire area.
If you are someone with strong analytical and mathematical skills, proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, data translations, and graphs as well as experienced in using a claims payment system, report writing and knowledge of the Managed Care and Medicaid Program, then this may be the job for you!
Our client, one of the nation’s best, largest and most comprehensive specialty hospitals has a need for a Financial Analyst to join their team at one of their locations in the Bellaire are. Someone with excellent communication skills a creative aptitude, organized and an excellent planner.
- Compares the capitation membership against the claims data to check for any discrepancies in which the company is not receiving capitation dollars on their members or are paying claims for members that are not their responsibility.
- Checks the membership aid categories to ensure that the company is not carrying a member that is not included in their contract and provides communication to provider services.
- Notifies the companies medical management department of non-delegated claims on members that incur high dollar claims so that they can check to see if their services were authorized correctly and they are being well managed.
- Handles the recoupment of identified receivables due to the company resulting from claims and capitation audits.
- Validates capitation dollars paid against the capitation file detail that is sent as backup.
- Monitors retroactivity on members that are added or termed on capitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance- Required
- 3 years accounting/finance work experience- Required
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration OR a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.