Freight Payment Specialist
This is a long term contract position in Westchase with a global company. The Freight Payment Specialist will work with a team of logistics/finance professionals to manage payment flows for North America Logistics operations. Responsible for the researching, tracking, monitoring, coding, validating and corresponding with carriers regarding their invoice payments and issues.
- Daily research and resolve freight payment questions & issues regarding in-process invoices, rates, aged bills, etc. from carriers
- Monitors invoices on a daily basis (rail focus)
- Prioritize and resolve freight pay issues in a timely manner.
- Provide periodic reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed for your area of responsibility and analysis
- Monitor, manage, & resolve freight payment issues.
- Verbal and written communication with customers, managers, carriers and other interested parties in a professional manner.
- Identify areas to improve processes, resolve service failures without compromising service quality.
- Provide timely information and updates to internal and external customers upon request.
- Provide feedback to carriers and manage any outstanding issues and other problems that may arise within the payment process.
- Read and interpret legal contracts and rail rates.
- Direct concerns and problems that could arise when reconciling shipment charges between Carrier, the company, CTSI and Cass to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Willing to work off hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or four years equivalent experience in Supply Chain and Finance/Accounting background.
- Fast learner of new systems; able to work in multiple system simultaneously.
- Works well with others, has a desire to cross train with team members in a similar capacity to accomplish common tasks.
- Experienced in Oracle and SAP systems
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products:
- o Excel
- o Power Point
- o Outlook
- o SharePoint
- Strong analytical skills