Full Stack Software Engineer
This is a contract position for a global Oil and Gas company.
As the Full Stack Developer your job will be to develop Cloud micro-services, web applications, and to integrate with the company’s E&P system for SaaS applications. You will need to evaluate emerging technologies and provide strategic innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. The position reports to the software project manager.
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to design and implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies. Works with end users, stakeholders, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology, preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong working experience in containerization technologies – Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong working experience in Python, Node.js. Experience with Go, Bash, Linux
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing. Solid knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
- Some experience building web applications using Angular 7+
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Experienced in application profiling and bottleneck analysis
- Basic knowledge of NoSQL database
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery. Has setup CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, VSTS or similar tools
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing Cloud applications