Help Desk / Desktop Support
This is a 6-month contract for our client in the Freeport area.
As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will oversee the timely resolution of user requests, assist in maintaining inventory of spare parts, provide technical support for end users and prepare hardware for new employees. You will also assist in the creation and upkeep of IT documentation, procedures and other knowledge repositories and contribute to the development of policies pertaining to the help desk and desktop support.
- Utilize in house Help Desk solution ensuring that user requests are handled promptly and that users are satisfied with resolutions.
- Work across multiple locations to support a wide range of users.
- Work with others on the Help Desk & Support team to provide backup when gaps in coverage occur.
- Resolve software and hardware based technical issues on desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers etc.
- Maintain expectations of support requestors around ETA, any impacts repairs may have and follow up to ensure issue resolution
- Escalate issues outside area of expertise to a subject matter expert (SME) when applicable
- Assist in ensuring data backup and integrity
- Help ensure that spare parts inventory is maintained at each client site (HQ, plant, CB&I) by complying with inventory control practices. Employ housekeeping practices to ensure that storage areas are tidy, accessible and items can be found with ease.
- Update logs of disposed hardware
- User Training
- Maintain Help Desk Scenarios procedures for troubleshooting
Experience/Skills to have:
- Experience with network and telecommunication systems in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience in Active Directory, Windows Networking, and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in Large Scale System Software Deployment, preferably in SCCM
- Experience in Systems Imaging preferably in SCCM.
- Knowledge in TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of DNS.
- Knowledge of RSA Secure ID, AirWatch MDM Agent, Citrix, Exchange, AD, Symantec System
- Recovery, Lansweeper, Go To Assist, and other similar technologies and tools.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Domain model.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office technologies.
- Application installation and troubleshooting experience in server/client applications.
- Knowledge of principles and mechanics of document management systems, knowledge of Open Text
- Content Server end user functions specifically a plus.
- Application installation and troubleshooting experience in a telecommunications system and network environment.
- Experience in the generation of scenarios for application testing.
- Ability to adapt to and adopt new techniques and technologies.