This is a long-term contract position for a renowned energy company in the Financial Hub of Houston.
The Inter-company Accountant is primarily responsible for taking actions, which will ensure that transactions impacting the financial reports are appropriately monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in due course. The Inter-company accountant must provide support to the finance function to ensure that an adequate system of internal controls exists. St
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create all billing (Account Receivables) to associated companies for the US product Lines.
- Record all invoices (Accounts Payable) from associated companies.
- Responsible for all cash settlements (Netting) to clear associated company receivables and payables.. This entails posting of cash settlements advised by Treasury by clearing the General ledger of outstanding payables and receivables.
- Clearing the suspense (unbilled) account regularly. Items in the suspense account should not be older than 3 months.
- Confirm balances with other regions monthly.
- Customer and vendor maintenance.
- Responsible for creating FP23 Stat V for quarterly management reporting (US and Canada).
- Responsible for creating FP23 Stat V for quarterly STC reporting.
- Responsible for compiling data for tax form 5472 quarterly.
- Provide commentary to reporting group on significant movement of associated company accounts and suspense accounts quarterly (US and Canada).
- Monthly reconciliation of all associated company accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation and ageing of suspense accounts.
- Train new team members as necessary.
- Train and communicate to the field about OFS Intercompany procedures.
- Assist in testing of SAP upgrades.
- Assists in (Intercompany) projects as they arise.
- Assist in preparation for annual management and STC reporting.
- Technical Finance or Accounting Certificate or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years experience in a finance role