This IP Paralegal will be a member of the Docketing and Trademark Team. This team is an integral part of our IP Department. As a member of this team the Paralegal will assist multiple attorneys, and coordinate with other colleagues to aide in the docketing of deadlines for our patents and trademarks worldwide. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the patent life cycle from invention disclosure to patent filing, prosecution, grant and post grant and the trademark life cycle from trademark filing, prosecution, registration and renewal. The candidate must have an ability to succeed in an ever-changing environment. The right candidate will be able to anticipate IP needs, be self-motivated as well as have a good team attitude.
• Follow Workplace Standards Best Practice documentation.
• Retrieval of US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) official notifications.
• Docketing and linking of USPTO official notification deadlines in IP database to record deadlines for patent prosecution, fees and annuities.
• Retrieval of European Patent Office (EPO) official notifications.
• Docketing and linking of EPO official notification deadlines in IP database to record deadlines for patent prosecution, fees and annuities.
• Intake of patent reporting emails from patent agents worldwide.
• Docketing and linking of patent reporting email deadlines in IP database to record deadlines for patent prosecution, fees and annuities.
• Intake of trademark reporting emails from trademark agents worldwide.
• Docketing and linking of trademark reporting email deadlines in IP database to record deadlines for trademark prosecution, fees and renewals.
• Filing of United States Provisional applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Continuous audit of IP data base records to ensure data is correct and up to date.
• Transfer of IP database records from one IP group to another following best practice.
• Participate in on-boarding of intellectual property acquired through acquisitions.
• Update Workplace Standards Best Practice documents as necessary.
• Intake and processing of hard copy mail, including original letters patents, original assignment and declaration documents.
• Management and maintenance of the inventory of file room.
• Assist in projects as determined by the Docketing Team Leader.
• Provide assistance to other COE teams as determined by the Docketing Team Leader.
• Ordering supplies.
• Some university course work is preferred.
• Minimum 3+ years of patent experience.
• Is extremely competent in both speaking and writing English.
• Has an understanding of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively.