Logistics/Supply Chain Intern
This will be a part time internship, preferably for a Junior graduating May 2021 or December 2020.
Our client, a energy company whos headquarters are in downtown Houston has opportunities for interns to work within a team of energy industry experts through the summer and potentially until graduation. As a member of an open, dynamic and innovative team, the intern will carry out research, analytics, and project support work on several projects core to the ongoing operations of the Commercial team. The successful candidate must have enthusiasm for the Energy business, advanced data management and analytical skills, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and improve relationships with the wider team.
- Toller Services: Negotiation and implementation of import and export tolling agreements, including planning & schedule of LNG cargos, feed gas and power, vessel management, and customer relationships
- Commercial Execution: operational commodity procurement and scheduling, capacity optimization through integration with facility operations, engineering and maintenance; coordination with upstream pipelines (interconnection, scheduling and balancing) and electricity utility and ISO counterparties and suppliers;
- Corporate Support: Mid-Office/ETRM system development and commodity position reporting; energy balance and inventory management, settlement and allocation of power costs; toller and LNG sales invoicing.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Excel, VBA, and Visio
• Experience in the advanced modelling and analysis of complex numerical data.
• The ability to work closely with colleagues to design and deliver high quality solutions
• Adhere to best practices and maintainability while freely knowledge sharing with colleagues
• The ability to learn to synthesize historical and forecast data
• Must be either rising Junior or Senior year of Bachelor’s program 2019 in related field such as economics, finance, or engineering.
• Must be able to work in Houston, TX without relocation or housing assistance with preference given to candidates who will have the ability to continue the internship on a part time basis year-round.