This is a Contract position for a global energy company in the Energy Corridor.
The Engineering accountant position is a hybrid between a management accountant and a financial analyst. Directly involved with the building of compensation and support rates for NAM product centers, Budget and Forecast scenarios, and to run the project allocations.
Essential responsibilities and duties also include P&L variance analysis, review of detailed cost transactions, control and preparation of general ledger entries, Balance Sheet and Capex support, financial reporting into three different ERPs and monthly review of results with the management team.
This position is primarily responsible for taking actions that ensure transactions impacting the financial reports are properly monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in the proper period. This development position can be within a Segment, Financial Center, fiscal/ legal entity or manufacturing center in all geographic areas of the world.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Balance sheet account review and reconciliation and preparation of associated BS notes.
* P&L variance analysis including review of detailed revenue and cost transactions.
* Subsystem control including client receivables collections and DSO reporting, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
* Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
* Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
* Control over systems posting and reporting.
* Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
* Assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
* Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
* Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
* May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
Skills: Problem Solving: basic skill in project estimation with standard complexity, creative and innovative solutions, analytical oriented, and basic decision-making skills; communication.
Leadership: functions independently and in a team with basic project mgt. skills.
Communication: standard oral and written communication skills, and customer oriented.
Cross Discipline: basic understanding of company strategy the practice of the principles of Quality Management. Education Requirements:
Finance or Accounting Degree Required Experience: 1-6 years in a financial role