Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Modeling and Simulation Engineer performs virtual prototype development of new products, develops and maintains new or improved physics-based models and simulation techniques, and optimizes and validates designs using computational tools.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
– Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization
– Participate in the scoping of new or improved products; evaluate their feasibility; and participate to in the specification of the corresponding engineering product Estimate the development, validation and documentation effort in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Project Lead.
– Perform integration, analysis, and evaluation of system, subsystem and element design and analysis. Develop, and apply modeling and simulation technologies to specific needs of the project. Conduct Research and provide recommendations for development, evaluation and verification of modeling efforts and criteria related to development and operational goals.
– Specify, develop, validate and maintain physics-based models of system, subsystem and element. Validate and improve the robustness and performance of the product through modeling and simulation. Participate in the implementation, testing and sustaining of the corresponding product.
– Define testing procedures for models, algorithms, workflows and products. Coordinate with others to perform tests per testing procedure and document test results and present results to project teams or clients.
– Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
– Investigate and propose new development areas in the Modeling and Simulation Engineering domains. Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
– Learn new skills and adopt new practices in order to develop excellent products that maintain our technical leadership position.
– Create and maintain project documentation as per PLMP guidelines (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) and Engineering Standards.
– Prepare for and participate in the relevant technical reviews and audits of projects, such as review of requirements, specifications, designs, algorithms, codes, qualification and test results and other artifacts.
– Contribute technical content for inclusion in the product documentation and training material. Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
– Provides advanced methodology and algorithmic support for commercial products and services, in particular as InTouch SME. Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
– Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
– Contribute to design standards and support best practices and design re-use.
– Organize internal seminars, participates in industry forums, conferences and associations related to modeling and simulation techniques, methodologies, and tools. May author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles and presentations. May present solutions to clients.
– Contribute to the innovation activities and university relationships. May author/co-author patent and trade secret memos.
MS or PhD in Engineering, Science or Applied Mathematics or equivalent. Able to develop Digital Avatars. Experience with high level of system modeling, data handling and machine learning