Patient Access Specialist
As the Patient Access Specialist, you will perform complex registration activity including verifying patient demographic information, processing point of service payments, obtaining signatures for required consent paperwork, document imaging and following documentation standards to facilitate efficient patient access according to assigned protocol.
- Performs patient access transactions including coverage eligibility
- Insurance verification
- Patient portion calculations
- Perform authorization requirement activities utilizing available systems and resources according to assigned protocol.
- Resolve and responds to questions on reimbursement
- Serve as a resource to patient access specialists as needed, including on the job training.
- Provide significant input for and assistance with the implementation of team-oriented process improvement.
Required – Two – three years of customer service experience with two years of healthcare experience including patient access Operations activities.
Required – High School Diploma, two year Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred – National Association of Healthcare Access Management CHAA Certification.
Preferred – Healthcare Financial Management Association CRCR Certification.