Purchasing Assistant (Healthcare)
Our client, a hospital in the Houston area has an opening for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team for a long-term contract.
As the Purchasing Assistant you will oversee shipping schedules, maintain purchase records, manage purchase orders, manage inventory and oversee vendor activities.
- Properly solicits bids, reviews pertinent data and negotiates with vendors.
- Properly processes on-line orders within three business days upon receipt as confirmed by Manager’s review of the requisition to purchase order query.
- Verifies signatures on Pink are in accordance with Levels of Authority, Policy GA 204.
- Properly processes Pink within five business days from the date requisition is stamped-in by department as periodically reviewed by Manager.
- Processes emergency requisitions within one business day as observed by Manager.
- Approves purchase orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for purchase orders to be dispatched to vendor as observed by Manager.
- Verifies vendor confirmations of a purchase orders within one business day from date purchase order was dispatched as observed by Manager.
- Expedites purchase orders by contacting vendor for updates on ship dates or whether item is backordered. If item is backordered, Purchasing Assistant (“PA”) will either source product with another vendor or gather information for a possible substitute. PA will then confirm with end-user if substitute is acceptable.
- Resolves receiving and invoice discrepancies within established time frame.
- Properly processes returns of merchandise to vendors, tracking replacements or credits until received.
Associate degree in business or a related field- Required
2 years supply chain experience
2 years’ experience with a Supply Chain ERP system preferably in PeopleSoft